- New Life Church forms; meets in a home
- Church grows; begins to meet in a rented hall at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in West Orange
- Terry A. Smith is elected as pastor by 54 members
- Church begins to meet in the Washington Street School gymnasium
- Church offices set up in the basement of Pastor & Sharon Smith’s home
- Pastor introduces the concept of small groups, called LIFE(Life In a Family Environment) Groups
- The New Life Church begins to meet in the West Orange Community House on Main Street and rents office space at 91 Main Street
- Active search to purchase a worship property begins
- 106 Harrison Avenue property purchased
- 106 Harrison Avenue turns from a printing factory into an amazing worship center
- First Weekend Celebration held in July
- Church renamed “The Life Christian Church”
- TLCC members vote unanimously to purchase 55-57 Ridgeway Avenue in West Orange as a potential site for a new worship center.
- TLCC Ministry Offices and Family Life Center moves from 106 Harrison Avenue to the Ridgeway Campus
- Fellowship area at 106 Harrison Avenue remodeled into KidZone
- Pastor Terry begins negotiating with the town of West Orange and developer Larry Pantirer for the exchange of the Ridgeway Campus with undeveloped Metzger farm on Northfield Avenue
- TLCC members vote unanimously to pursue the opportunity to exchange the properties and develop a worship center on the Northfield property
- Town of West Orange approves Northfield deal for TLCC
- TLCC hires architect David Price who consults with Master Site Team in designing our Northfield Campus
- Master Site Plane for Northfield facility is revealed to TLCC congregation in February
- Northfield lot officially becomes 747 Northfield Avenue and is dedicated during our “From Dirt to Destiny” Event
- TLCC completes construction of temporary office complex at 747 Northfield Avenue
- Begin preparing Northfield site for construction
- The Love Project capital campaign begins
- Ground is officially broken at 747 Northfield Avenue and site work continues
- TLCC celebrates its 20th anniversary with Pastor Terry and Sharon Smith
- The Love Project concludes, receiving more than $2.3 million in offerings towards the construction of the new mission expansion facility at 747 Northfield Avenue.
- TLCC moves from 106 Harrison to its new worship and mission center at 747 Northfield Avenue.
- KidZone becomes KPort.